If your tooth has sustained damage, our dentists may recommend restoring it with a dental crown. A crown, also known as a dental cap, is a versatile restoration used to restore a tooth that has sustained significant damage or decay. A crown is custom made to fit over the entire tooth from the gumline up, restoring the original shape and size of the tooth.
Dr. Surjit Chahal may recommend a dental crown for a number of reasons, including:
- To restore a tooth that is damaged or decayed beyond what a filling can repair
- To protect a tooth after a root canal
- To cover and complete a dental implant
- To anchor a dental bridge
- To improve the appearance of your tooth and smile
- To improve a misshapen tooth
- To strengthen and protect a tooth that is fractured or weak
- To support a tooth with a large filling
A dental crown usually requires two appointments to complete. At the first appointment, our dentists will take impressions and prepare your tooth to receive the crown. A temporary crown will be placed to protect the tooth until the final crown is completed. When you return for the second appointment, our dentists will check that the crown fits before bonding it into place and polishing it to complete your treatment.
Call Allure Dental Care & Orthodontics today at 209-521-3400 to schedule your appointment with our skilled dentists and find out if a dental crown in Modesto, California, is right for you!